Who we are
The NHS Alliance’s executive team consists of people who have a number of wide-ranging interests, and we believe that this benefits both the organisation and our members. You can read the team’s full range of interests here.
The National Executive is fully multi-professional. No other NHS body has senior managers, clinicians and practice managers, nurses, pharmacists, board chairs and non-executive directors, all working together to improve the health service.
Our range of progressive and lively networks are led by dedicated professionals each supported by enthusiastic steering groups.
NHS Clinical Commissioners (NHSCC) is the new independent membership service that has been established as the collective voice of CCGs through a partnership between the NHS Alliance, National Association of Primary Care and NHS Confederation.
Please join the New NHS Alliance if you agree with these values:
- I understand that enabling people to improve their own lives is the most important aspect of a progressive healthcare system (it is more important than ‘improving existing services’)
- I am open to learning and prepared to innovate to find different ways of working that improve people’s lives
- I am open to working with a range of organisations, within and outside the NHS, in pursuit of better health and wellbeing outcomes
- I recognise that people and communities are resource-rich and can hold the solution to improving and preventing poor health behaviours. I am committed to releasing this capacity by enabling people to develop greater levels of Control, Contact and Confidence (the 3Cs of health creation)
- I recognise the emotional labour involved in caring for others and take steps to look after both professional and informal carers
- I believe in and practice parity of esteem between patients and professionals, between the NHS and organisations that contribute to health and wellbeing outside the NHS and between those living with physical and mental health problems