New NHS Alliance coverage:
First stage of GP Forward View funding released – NHS England has released the first stages of funding in an ambitious programme to tackle the problems facing general practice.National Health Executive
- NHS reform: Why sustainability and transformation plans could be dangerous – Across England, 44 ‘footprint’ areas are drawing up sustainability and transformation plans (STPs) for the NHS in their region. But east London GP and Socialist Health Association honorary vice president Dr Brian Fisher says the lack of transparency around the process suggests the plans may contain nasty surprises. GP Online
This week’s news:
- Medicine degrees offered through clearing ‘for first time ever’ – A London university is going to be offering medical course places via ‘clearing’ in a first for any medical school, which junior doctor leaders say is a ‘sad indictment’ of the NHS. Pulse
- CCGs launch integrated GP out-of-hours and NHS 111 model – CCGs in the West Midlands have launched an integrated NHS 111 and GP out-of-hours model. GPOnline
- ‘Worrying’ stress levels among primary care staff –Practice nurses and their colleagues in primary care are being put at risk of developing mental health problems by the increasing stress levels they face in the workplace, a charity has warned. Nursing Times
- Half of GP practices could soon employ a pharmacist, poll suggests –Almost a third of GPs already employ a pharmacist in their practice and 16% are thinking of doing so, a GPonline poll has found. GPonline
- “No clear evidence to suggest abolishing nursing bursaries will boost numbers” – evidence presented to the consultation from NHS Clinical Commissioners nursing forum NHE
- “Breaking down the sound of silos” viewpoint from LOCSU’s Katrina Veredus Primary Care Today
Health Creation: the missing jewel in the NHS’ Crown? The NHS is very good at treating many illnesses and there is a greater focus than in the past on preventing illness. But what about creating health? Read our paper here.
New NHS Alliance News:
SAVE THE DATE: 2016 ACTION SUMMIT
Thursday, December 1, 2016
King’s Fund, Cavendish Square, London W1
Our 2016 Action Summit will take place in December at the King’s Fund in central London. This will be a full and interactive day, focusing on the concept and practice of Health Creation. We are delighted the Summit will be delivered in partnership with ITN Productions, who will launch our 2016 news programme, Healthy Communities, Healthy People.
Full details coming soon but please save the date and register your interest now with firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note places are limited and we will be offered in order of registered interest.