Heather Henry, New NHS Alliance co-chair says “In creating health rather than preventing illness, communities are our natural and equal partners. New NHS Alliance whole heartedly support the manifesto for a healthy and health-creating society. We seek a shift towards a more entrepreneurial culture where social innovation is seen to be as important as technical innovation. People and communities are the solution, not the problem.”
To read the report please click here.
Full list of authors:
- Lord Nigel Crisp, House of Lords and former NHS chief executive
- Professor David Stuckler, Professor of Political Economy and Sociology, Oxford University
- Dr Richard Horton, editor-in-chief, The Lancet
- Lord Victor Adebowale, House of Lords and chief executive of Turning Point, a social care enterprise supporting people affected by drug and alcohol misuse, mental health problems and those with learning disabilities
- Professor Dame Sue Bailey, chair of the Children and Young People’s Mental Health Coalition, chair of the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges and vice-chair for the Centre for Mental Health
- Professor Maureen Baker, chair of the Royal College of General Practitioners
- Professor Sir John Bell, Regius Professor of Medicine, Oxford University
- Lord John Bird, House of Lords and founder of the Big Issue
- Professor Dame Carol Black, Principal of Newnham College, Cambridge University and expert adviser on health and work to Public Health England and NHS England
- Baroness Jane Campbell, Disability Equality and Human Rights campaigner and adviser.
- Janet Davies, chief executive and general secretary of the Royal College of Nursing
- Professor Sir Robert Lechler, president of the Academy of Medical Sciences
- Lord Andrew Mawson, House of Lords, social entrepreneur involved in numerous community regeneration projects including St Paul’s Way Transformation Project (Tower Hamlets), Well North programme and the Olympic Park Legacy Company
- Professor Patrick H Maxwell, Regius Professor of Physics, Cambridge University
- Professor Martin McKee, Professor of European Public Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Heather Henry, co-chair of the New NHS Alliance, a grassroots organisation of 10,000 individuals and organisations working to improve community health
- Professor Cathy Warwick, chief executive of the Royal College of Midwives
Notes to editors
- For more information please contact Sophie Lap at email@example.com or on 07725 555 030
- New NHS Alliance is a movement of people and organisations who are committed to building a sustainable, community-based health service. They are an entirely solutions focused organisation, unique in its approach bringing together more than 10,000 passionate individuals and organisations across primary care who believe innovation, connections and integration are key to the sustainability of a health service that remains free to all at the point of need. New NHS Alliance promote greater collaboration between organisations within the NHS and between the NHS, communities, local authorities, innovative enterprises and other local enablers of prevention and health creation.