Health Creation Alliance is committed to the concept and practice of Health Creation as a means of reducing the widening gap in life expectancy between society’s richest and poorest. Health creation looks at the causes of the causes of ill health.
We believe it’s the single most important driver to change in the way we think about delivering care. There is just one month to go until our Action Summit which will provide a rare opportunity to “think big” and explore how we might drive a cultural reset in the NHS, looking at what keeps people well rather than continuing to focus on managing illness.
An audience of leaders and emerging leaders from across primary care and beyond, will enjoy a line up of inspirational speakers. These include: Lord Nigel Crisp, Dominic Hughes, Roy Lilley and Anu Singh.
- Why participative democracy is good for our health LGC
- Warnings issued that ‘ill-judged’ community pharmacy cuts risk closures National Health Executive
Housing and Health
- Health Creation Alliance supported production NHS England’s new Quick Guide to Health and Housing. Further information and resources about the many ways in which housing can support the transformation to place-based models of care can be found here
This fornights’ news:
- We can’t rely on the same old care service models – for health and care commissioners, it can be unsettling to learn what clients most value is not having a service Guardian
- Queen’s nurse to drive community leader programme – A top nursing charity has appointed an academic to push forward a new programme to develop community nurse leaders. Nursing Times
- Lord Adebowale: STP integration players must lead, follow or get out of the way – Players across a health and social care integration patch should either be leading, following or getting out of the way, Lord Victor Adebowale has told NHE during an exclusive interview about STPs and place-based commissioning. NHE
- NMC says the number of nurses and midwives not revalidating is ‘in line with expectation’ – Around 5,000 UK nurses have left the register in three months by choosing not to go through the revalidation process or by failing to meet its requirements, suggests latest data from the Nursing and Midwifery Council. Nursing Times
- Most GP trainees miss out on mental health training placements – Less than half of GP trainees undertake placements in mental health settings, according to an investigation by a leading charity GPonline
IN SEARCH OF HEALTH CREATION, COMMUNITY BY COMMUNITY
None of us is smarter than all of us
December 1, 2016
Burdett Theatre, King’s Fund, London W1
The Health Creation Alliance Action Summit is an invitation only event for leaders and emergent leaders across primary care, housing, urgent care, emergency services; and for individuals and organisations who believe the NHS should be a national health service rather than a national illness service. For more information, please visit our website
We would be delighted if you could join us. Please note, a significant number of bursary places are available so do let us know if you’d like to be considered. To secure your place, please email email@example.com.