New NHS Alliance news coverage:
- GP Forward View: This is a starting point for addressing the crisis in general practice. GP Online
- Using awareness days to further your pharmacy business. Pharmaceutical Journal
- Extend crown indemnity to practice nurses to ease GP workload, says NHS Alliance. GP Online
- There are lots of problems with STPS, but opportunities too. LGC
- New NHS Alliance calls for ‘change of mindset’ as life expectancy gap increases. NHE
New NHS Alliance Press Releases:
- New NHS Alliance responds to CASS report on life expectancy. NHS Alliance
- Dr Brian Fisher comments on the junior doctors’ strike. NHS Alliance
- New NHS Alliance responds to General Practice Five Year Forward View. NHS Alliance
- New NHS Alliance responds to potential extension of crown indemnity to GPs under new care model contract. NHS Alliance
- We are delighted to say Heather Henry, our co-chair, has been shortlisted as Nurse of the Year, and Salford Dadz shortlisted for the Child Health Award at the RCNi nurse awards tonight
- This month we met with Alistair Burt MP to brief him on the New NHS Alliance’s Tomorrow’s leaders work and Collaborate
- We are pleased to share that the New NHS Alliance is advising the CQC on a new ‘risk-based’ approach to future inspections
- New NHS Alliance will be holding a session on Collaborate at the Nuffield Trust conference (in partnership with NNHSA, RCGP and NAPC)
- We also recently presented to the RCGP on community development and commissioning, and at a course for community building for the NHS, local authorities and the third sector
This week’s news:
- Soaring pressure has left general practice at risk of collapse, King’s Fund warns GP Online
- Crisis in General Practice: King’s Fund report
- Pharmacies in the capital could be at higher risk of being “wiped out” by the government’s planned funding cut, Pharmacy London has warned – C+D:
- Six things to change lives for older people Guardian’s live chat
- GPs still in favour of mass resignation despite support package Pulse
- Jim Easton makes the case for more private involvement in STPs HSJ
Support with the Forward View for General Practice – at no charge
The Forward View for General Practice creates a new climate for supporting general practice. We are delighted that our work in partnership with the Primary Care Foundation ‘Making Time in General Practice’ helped create the evidence base for this shift in approach.
Funding from NHS England means that you can now benefit from a free offer to all practices. You can access a new Appointment Audit App that makes it really easy for practices to see how many of their appointments might be avoidable and how they might be able to do something about it. There is also an opportunity for bigger groups of practices across federations or whole CCG areas to customise the support across their area.
To take part email email@example.com or for more information go to www.primarycarefoundation.co.uk and feel free to let other colleagues know about this offer.
April was an especially cruel month taunting us with a whisper of warmth before throwing back frost, snow, sleet, thunder and lightning. It was equally stormy at the front line, with junior doctors taking drastic action to highlight their opposition to the proposed contract imposition. We believe there is space for further negotiation to reach a solution that works for both sides and have offered New NHS Alliance services to help broker a deal.
Elsewhere, the climate has been kind to New NHS Alliance. We have met with ministers, launched the implementation of NHS Collaborate, a partnership initiative funded by NHS England to develop a community of practice around primary care leadership. We influenced and have been name checked in last week’s General Practice Forward View, have been very proactive in the media, and are engaging in increasing numbers of central consultations.
We are hopeful for what May will bring us. Our new leadership team is fashioning a new organisation that is more open, inclusive and engaged with the frontline. Extending out from our roots in general practice and primary care, we are now welcoming members from a wider range of organisations and individuals – people who are committed to building a sustainable, community-based health system.
In that spirit, membership to New NHS Alliance is now entirely free to anyone who shares our vision and values. Click here to sign up and please forward this to friends and colleagues who share our vision and values. A membership that extends from primary care and out into housing and community care of many types, provides a strong voice to reflect our focus on health creation, working collaboratively as health professionals and communities to address health inequalities, keeping people well, and the NHS healthy.
We will be keeping you in touch with progress and up to date with primary care news weekly. If you have any news or views you’d like to share, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.