Welcome to the New NHS Alliance
New NHS Alliance is a movement of people and organisations who are committed to building a sustainable, community-based health service. We are making transformational improvements to population health and the whole patient journey, embracing community health and wellbeing, out-of-hospital care, hospital at home and transfers of care.
New NHS Alliance is expanding beyond NHS Alliance’s core roots in general practice and primary care to embrace people and organisations that can make a positive difference to people’s health and wellbeing. We are focused on reducing health inequalities and on making the practice of health creation a core part of the UK healthcare system, alongside a stronger focus on preventing illness. We are promoting greater connection and collaboration between organisations within the NHS and between the NHS, communities, local authorities, innovative enterprises and other local enablers of prevention and health creation.
NHS Alliance has always been a highly regarded engine for change. We are building on that strong heritage of connecting senior policy makers with what’s happening at the front line and providing a robust, compelling and influential voice for positive change. Neither professional body nor trade union, we are entirely focused on solutions and on shaping the system to enable those solutions to emerge. Our voice to government and the health sector is unique.
We are seeking greater recognition of, and development for, often overlooked groups in primary care whose contribution is critical to sustainability – practice managers, practice, district and school nurses, pharmacists, optometrists and dentists, and other community health and care professionals. In practical terms, we are supporting leadership development, local innovation, different use of existing resources and the wider adoption of ideas and solutions that work.
With a current reach of over 10,000 passionate individuals and organisations across primary care and beyond, we actively welcome members who are dedicated professionals working to improve community health from the following:
- primary care including general practice, community pharmacy, eye and hearing care, dentistry, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, and psychotherapy;
- community, mental health and acute trusts;
- public health, housing, social care, fire service, police, education;
- community development, community groups and individuals;
- community and voluntary sector, social enterprises
- healthcare enterprises;
Membership of New NHS Alliance is free to all individuals who sign up to our values and who are committed to helping to grow our lively and influential community including through twitter and our weekly news bulletin.
We also invite your organisation to support us more actively and to make a financial contribution to our work as a funding partner. New NHS Alliance is a not-for-profit, self-funded organisation.
Please join the New NHS Alliance if you agree with these values:
- I understand that enabling people to improve their own lives is the most important aspect of a progressive healthcare system (it is more important than ‘improving existing services’)
- I am open to learning and prepared to innovate to find different ways of working that improve people’s lives
- I am open to working with a range of organisations, within and outside the NHS, in pursuit of better health and wellbeing outcomes
- I recognise that people and communities are resource-rich and can hold the solution to improving and preventing poor health behaviours. I am committed to releasing this capacity by enabling people to develop greater levels of Control, Contact and Confidence (the 3Cs of health creation)
- I recognise the emotional labour involved in caring for others and take steps to look after both professional and informal carers
- I believe in and practice parity of esteem between patients and professionals, between the NHS and organisations that contribute to health and wellbeing outside the NHS and between those living with physical and mental health problems
NHS Alliance TV
In production Now
- Another NICE disappointmentI read NICE Guidance (NG19) – Diabetic foot problems: prevention and management. It comes after…
- How to achieve more by doing lessI want to share a few thoughts as I hand over the baton to a…
- Michael Dixon – Thank you and goodbyeThis evening is a time to reflect and renew. I am going to do the…