Welcome to the New NHS Alliance
New NHS Alliance is a movement of people and organisations who are committed to building a sustainable, community-based health service. We have a particular focus on reducing health inequalities and on making the practice of health creation a core part of the UK healthcare system.
Join us at the New NHS Alliance 2017 Action Summit on 6th December and be part of a powerful movement that is tackling the injustice of health inequalities through Health Creation.
New NHS Alliance annual summits have a proud history of disruptive ideas that can be catalysts for change. This year will be no different! This year’s Summit is headlined by Rt. Hon Jeremy Hunt MP, Secretary of State for Health. It is chaired by Victoria Macdonald, Channels 4´s Health and Social Care Correspondent, and is supported by top-class speakers, compelling case studies and those with lived-experience. These include Duncan Selbie, Chief Executive, Public Health England; Michael MacDonnell, Strategy Director, NHS England and Robbie Turner, Director of England, Royal Pharmaceutical Society.
Visit Event Brite to buy your ticket now: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/health-creation-wealth-creation-the-power-of-people-and-communities-tickets-37726543106
We will explore, discuss and debate how the three Cs of health creation – Control, Contact and Confidence – can contribute both to people’s health outcomes and the economic wellbeing of people, communities and the society in which we live. Prepare to be challenged about why you need to invest in Health Creation, what financial arguments there are for it and how it can reduce demand for formal healthcare services.
Our ground-breaking Health Creating Manifesto was launched in May 2017
It explains what Health Creation is and encourages practitioners to get started by adopting key ‘health creating’ features into their day-to-day practices. Is also sets out 10 high-impact recommendations to create a wellness-based health system to address health inequalities. A Manifesto For Health Creation calls for:
- The adoption of health creating practices
- System reforms to support Health Creation
- Enhanced education on Health Creation
Read our Manifesto here: A Manifesto For Health Creation
‘IN SEARCH OF WELLNESS’ – A COLLABORATION WITH ITN PRODUCTIONS LAUNCHING DEC 2017
Medical healthcare only contributes about 20% to our health outcomes and we want to explore work being done with people, patients and communities in the ‘80% zone’. There is outstanding work underway to remodel the health and care systems that will benefit everyone – to improve health and care outcomes, address health inequalities, manage demand for services and ‘humanise’ healthcare – and New NHS Alliance wants to bring this to wider attention.
‘In Search of Wellness’ will premiere at the New NHS Alliance Action Summit on 6th December 2017.
To watch a short video, click here: https://itnproductions.wistia.com/medias/xmxk6bafjo
For more information click here: http://www.nhsalliance.org/nhs-alliance-tv/
Please join the New NHS Alliance if you agree with these values:
- I understand that enabling people to improve their own lives is the most important aspect of a progressive healthcare system (it is more important than ‘improving existing services’)
- I am open to learning and prepared to innovate to find different ways of working that improve people’s lives
- I am open to working with a range of organisations, within and outside the NHS, in pursuit of better health and wellbeing outcomes
- I recognise that people and communities are resource-rich and can hold the solution to improving and preventing poor health behaviours. I am committed to releasing this capacity by enabling people to develop greater levels of Control, Contact and Confidence (the 3Cs of health creation)
- I recognise the emotional labour involved in caring for others and take steps to look after both professional and informal carers
- I believe in and practice parity of esteem between patients and professionals, between the NHS and organisations that contribute to health and wellbeing outside the NHS and between those living with physical and mental health problems
NHS Alliance TV
In production Now
- What mattered to DavidThis blog is written by Kay Ellermeyer, Business Manager at Alvanley Family Practice, Woodley There…
- Turbo-boosting STPs? It’s time we got serious about ‘partnership’Jeremy Hunt and Simon Steven’s recent announcement to ‘turbo-boost’ Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships (note, they are Partnerships now, not just…
- Only a revolution in listening and responding will improve our nation’s healthThis blog is the 2nd of two linked blogs and was written on 2 July…