Welcome to the New NHS Alliance
New NHS Alliance is a movement of people and organisations who are committed to building a sustainable, community-based health service. We have a particular focus on reducing health inequalities and on making the practice of health creation a core part of the UK healthcare system, alongside a stronger focus on preventing illness.
Our ground-breaking Health Creating Manifesto was launched in May 2017, setting out 10 high-impact recommendations to create a wellness-based health system to address health inequalities. A Manifesto For Health Creation calls for:
- The adoption of health creating practices
- System reforms to support Health Creation
- Enhanced education on Health Creation
Read our Manifesto here: A Manifesto For Health Creation
Our mission is … ‘to infect the UK health sector with wellness’
See highlights from our first Health Creation Action Summit here
Neither professional body nor trade union, we are entirely focused on solutions and on shaping the system to enable those solutions to emerge. We support leadership development, local innovation, different use of existing resources and the wider adoption of ideas and solutions that work. Our voice to government and the health sector is informed by frontline realities and possibilities and is unique.
With strong roots in general practice and primary care, we are seeking greater recognition of, and development for, often overlooked groups whose contribution is critical to sustainability – practice managers, practice, district and school nurses, pharmacists, optometrists and dentists, and other community health and care professionals.
Membership of New NHS Alliance is now open and free to anyone who believes they have a role to play in making transformational improvements to the health system, who can sign up to our values and who will help to grow our lively and influential community including through twitter and our regular news bulletin. With a current reach of over 10,000 passionate individuals and organisations we welcome new members who are dedicated professionals working to improve community health from the following:
- primary care including general practice, community pharmacy, eye and hearing care, dentistry, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, and psychotherapy;
- community trusts, mental health trusts and acute trusts;
- public health, housing, social care, fire service, police, education, local authorities;
- community development, community groups and individuals;
- community and voluntary sector, social enterprises
- healthcare enterprises;
We also invite your organisation to support us more actively and to make a financial contribution to our work as a funding partner. New NHS Alliance is a not-for-profit, self-funded organisation.
Please join the New NHS Alliance if you agree with these values:
- I understand that enabling people to improve their own lives is the most important aspect of a progressive healthcare system (it is more important than ‘improving existing services’)
- I am open to learning and prepared to innovate to find different ways of working that improve people’s lives
- I am open to working with a range of organisations, within and outside the NHS, in pursuit of better health and wellbeing outcomes
- I recognise that people and communities are resource-rich and can hold the solution to improving and preventing poor health behaviours. I am committed to releasing this capacity by enabling people to develop greater levels of Control, Contact and Confidence (the 3Cs of health creation)
- I recognise the emotional labour involved in caring for others and take steps to look after both professional and informal carers
- I believe in and practice parity of esteem between patients and professionals, between the NHS and organisations that contribute to health and wellbeing outside the NHS and between those living with physical and mental health problems
NHS Alliance TV
In production Now
New NHS Alliance Responds To Accelerated Access Review (AAR) Funding Announcement
July 14, 2017
New NHS Alliance Responds To King’s Fund Analysis – Local Authority Public Health Budgets For 2017/18
July 13, 2017
New NHS Alliance Summer Event – A day of Debate, Discussion And Commitment To Health Creation!
July 9, 2017
- Only a revolution in listening and responding will improve our nation’s healthThis blog is the 2nd of two linked blogs and was written on 2 July…
- Let’s make community pharmacy a hub for healthy communities!This blog by Mark Robinson discusses why pharmacy is at the heart of healthy living…
- We need a revolution in listening and respondingThis blog is the 1st of two linked blogs and was written on 17 June,…
The latest New NHSA Alliance newsletter is out! Read about our recent health creation activities, highlights of... fb.me/6vb99YgCM