Welcome to the New NHS Alliance
New NHS Alliance is a movement of professionals and local people working in equal partnership to reverse the worsening health inequalities
New NHS Alliance achieves this by:
- advancing the discipline of Health Creation with communities to make wellness a core part of the health and care system
- providing a platform for people from some of the most disadvantaged communities to have a voice within the system and to inform and influence policy-makers, system leaders, providers, frontline practitioners and New NHS Alliance’s activities
- advising widely across many sectors, multidisciplinary teams and health systems. We have deep knowledge of changing practice in general practice, pharmacy, nursing, housing, mental health, local authorities including social care and public health and commissioning
Wellness Self-Learning Programme
Supporting health creating workforce and community in a rapidly changing world
Our main desire is to enable self-organised ‘sustainable’ learning. As a social movement ourselves, we create the enabling conditions for frontline practitioners, systems leaders and communities to learn together and from each other (as well as from us).
Our Wellness Self-Learning Programme enables organisations, communities and patients, and different professional sectors to learn together; swapping insights and reflections from their own experience and learning journey. We are building an online learning platform to support information exchange on health creating practices.
We also want to promote high quality practice in Health Creation. Using our Health Creation Diagnostic Audit based on the five features of health creating practices, we can quickly assess how health creating an organisation’s practices are, providing an external benchmark and quality assurance. It also identifies strengths and weaknesses providing a baseline to inform further learning.
To learn more about our Wellness Self-Learning Programme, please contact Merron Simpson.
What an animation of the five features of health creating practice that underpin all aspects of the wellness Self-Learning Programme.
Watch an animation of the five features of health creating practices that underpin all aspects of the Wellness Self-Learning Programme.
2018 Partnership Summit
Health Creation: Wealth Creation – fighting health inequalities using community assets
Kings House Conference Centre
Manchester, 21 November 2018
Join us at the New NHS Alliance 2018 Partnership Summit and be part of a powerful movement that is tackling the injustice of health inequalities through Health Creation.
Headlined by Andy Burnham, Mayor of Greater Manchester, and supported by top-class speakers, compelling case studies and people with lived-experience, the Partnership Summit will be a pivotal event in the transformation of health economies across the north.
Download here is the draft programme for the day.
Visit EventBrite today to read more about the Summit and to book your free place.
2018 Excellence in Health Creation Awards
Now Open for Entries
Now in its third year, the New NHS Alliance Excellence in Health Creation Awards provides you and/or your organisation with an opportunity to have your health creating work recognised and showcased at a national level.
Winners will be announced at the 2018 Partnership Summit being held in Manchester on 21 November 2018.
This year there are three categories:
- 1. Trojan Mice (watch a video here >>)
- 2. Getting our 5-a-day (watch a video here >>)
- 3. Community Assemblers (NEW for 2018!)
DEADLINE: Wednesday 2nd November at 17:00
Sheffield Flourish, winners of the 2017 Getting Our 5-a-day Award
TR14ers, winners of the 2017 Trojan Mice Award
- Join New NHS Alliance in joining the dots at its Annual Summit on 6 December!Health Creation, Wealth Creation The NHS can no longer afford to operate as an isolated…
- What mattered to DavidThis blog is written by Kay Ellermeyer, Business Manager at Alvanley Family Practice, Woodley There…
- Turbo-boosting STPs? It’s time we got serious about ‘partnership’Jeremy Hunt and Simon Steven’s recent announcement to ‘turbo-boost’ Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships (note, they are Partnerships now, not just…