Welcome to the New NHS Alliance
New NHS Alliance is a movement of people and organisations who are committed to building a sustainable, community-based health service. We have a particular focus on reducing health inequalities and on making the practice of health creation a core part of the UK healthcare system, alongside a stronger focus on preventing illness.
Our mission is … ‘to infect the UK health sector with wellness’
See highlights from our first Health Creation Action Summit here
Neither professional body nor trade union, we are entirely focused on solutions and on shaping the system to enable those solutions to emerge. We support leadership development, local innovation, different use of existing resources and the wider adoption of ideas and solutions that work. Our voice to government and the health sector is informed by frontline realities and possibilities and is unique.
With strong roots in general practice and primary care, we are seeking greater recognition of, and development for, often overlooked groups whose contribution is critical to sustainability – practice managers, practice, district and school nurses, pharmacists, optometrists and dentists, and other community health and care professionals.
Membership of New NHS Alliance is now open and free to anyone who believes they have a role to play in making transformational improvements to the health system, who can sign up to our values and who will help to grow our lively and influential community including through twitter and our regular news bulletin. With a current reach of over 10,000 passionate individuals and organisations we welcome new members who are dedicated professionals working to improve community health from the following:
- primary care including general practice, community pharmacy, eye and hearing care, dentistry, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, and psychotherapy;
- community trusts, mental health trusts and acute trusts;
- public health, housing, social care, fire service, police, education, local authorities;
- community development, community groups and individuals;
- community and voluntary sector, social enterprises
- healthcare enterprises;
We also invite your organisation to support us more actively and to make a financial contribution to our work as a funding partner. New NHS Alliance is a not-for-profit, self-funded organisation.
Please join the New NHS Alliance if you agree with these values:
- I understand that enabling people to improve their own lives is the most important aspect of a progressive healthcare system (it is more important than ‘improving existing services’)
- I am open to learning and prepared to innovate to find different ways of working that improve people’s lives
- I am open to working with a range of organisations, within and outside the NHS, in pursuit of better health and wellbeing outcomes
- I recognise that people and communities are resource-rich and can hold the solution to improving and preventing poor health behaviours. I am committed to releasing this capacity by enabling people to develop greater levels of Control, Contact and Confidence (the 3Cs of health creation)
- I recognise the emotional labour involved in caring for others and take steps to look after both professional and informal carers
- I believe in and practice parity of esteem between patients and professionals, between the NHS and organisations that contribute to health and wellbeing outside the NHS and between those living with physical and mental health problems
NHS Alliance TV
In production Now
New NHS Alliance calls for closer collaboration to achieve better community outcomes for health and social care integration
February 14, 2017
New NHS Alliance response to the announcement of the 2017/18 GP contract settlement
February 8, 2017
New NHS Alliance calls for new solution to child health crisis
January 26, 2017
- The young at heartThis is a challenge to conventional wisdom. Meet Rose Oldham, pictured here with her GP…
- Creating employment to overcome inequalities – the role of the ‘#FreeRangeNurse’What if public health nurses helped people facing disadvantage to get back into work? Is…
- Collaborate and Primary Care LeadershipNHS Collaborate is delivered in partnership by the New NHS Alliance, the National Association of…
London attack: Praise for selfless medics who ‘ran into danger’ to save lives www.standard.co.uk/news/london…